Thursday 6 June 2013

1.
Within my consciousness there is the image of a rose
Within my physical brain there is no image of a rose
Therefore my consciousness and my brain are distinct

2.All physical things are objectively observable
My consciousness is not objectively observable
Therefore my consciousness is not a physical thing

3.
All physical things have causal powers
My consciousness, distinct from my brain, does not have causal powers
Therefore my consciousness is not a physical thing




2 comments:

  1. 1.
    First premise and second premise are using different treatments of what you mean by 'image', thus inconsitnent, or else it's just false

    2.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

    3.
    second premise is begging the question entirely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. By "image" i mean that which has the property of for example "being flower shaped". The neurons in the brain do not have the property of "being flower shaped"

      as for 2. and 3. yeah they both are wrong.

      Delete